Checking Email Service Issue
An issue has been identified that is causing intermittent login issues to client email accounts.
Update as of 11:58 am on 6/27/2015
It looks as if the fix implemented by the software development team didn’t get saved properly, so the server ran in to the exact same problem it had before. We’ve double checked and as of 11:58 am this morning, we can confirm that the updated configuration has in fact been saved to the server properly. Again, we may need to wait until Monday or Tuesday when the server has a higher load before we see if this issue is truly resolved.
— Previous Updates —
Update as of 11:46 am on 6/27/2015
Unfortunately moments after we posted our last update the service failed preventing users from checking email. I’m happy to report that the software development team is currently logged in and investigating the issue now as we continue the troubleshooting process
Update as of 11:16 am on 6/27/2015:
The software development team has evaluated the intermittent email login issue. They believe the problem dealt with a configuration setting that coincidentally occurred near the same time the software was updated. While we continue to monitor the service to ensure its operation, we are seeing promising results from the minor adjustment. We may need to wait until Monday or Tuesday when the server has a higher load before we see if this issue is truly resolved.
Please know that the uptime of your web site and related services is extremely important to us. We will continue to work with the developers of the software and try to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Any updates will be posted on this page. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to have this issue resolved soon. Thank you for your patience.
Update as of 2:11 am on 6/27/2015:
- The issue is intermittent – there does not appear to be a set time or specific incident that causes the problem.
- The issue affects the ability to log in to check your email for about 15-20 minutes, before the service restarts on its own automatically.
- The issue only affects checking of email. Messages sent to your account are being accepted and stored, but are just inaccessible while the issue is occurring.
- The issue has come up after a software update on the server that took place on or about June 18, 2015. An additional update has been installed on June 27, 2015. This new update may not fix the problem as the root cause is still under investigation.
- The issue is affecting numerous servers, not just the server your account is on. This is actually a good thing as it gives the developers more data to track down the root cause of the problem.
- We have reached out to the developers of the server software and they are actively investigating the problem.
Leave a Reply